Moab is a great place to live. Here are some contact numbers for services residents often use.
The City of Moab provides water, sewer, and garbage pickup service to city residents.To report a water or sewer problem call Moab City Public Works at 435-259-7485.
- Standard telephone service is provided by Frontier Communications at 866-716-1619 and Emery Telcom at 435-259-8521.
- Numerous companies offer cell phone plans.
Internet & TV
- Broadband internet service is provided by Frontier Communications (866-716-1619), River Canyon Wireless (435-259-8319), and Emery Telcom
- Cable television is provided by Emery Telcom. You may contact them at (435-259-8521).
- Satellite TV is also available from various providers.
Gas & Electric
- Rocky Mountain Power supplies electricity, contact them at 888-221-7070.
- Dominion Energy, 435-259-7137, supplies Moab homes with natural gas service.
The Grand County Library is open six days a week. Along with books, periodicals, CDs, video tapes, and DVDs to loan; the library has expanded internet access. Call for hours at 435-259-5421. The library is located at 257 East Center Street
The Moab Arts and Recreation Center provide a central downtown location for classes, performances, community meetings, and social events. Contact them at 435-259-6272.
Moab has an array of public parks offering recreation opportunities, social gathering areas, and opportunities for solitude among the greenery.
- Swanny City Park, located at 400 North and 100 West, has a playground, barbecue facilities, shade trees, municipal swimming pool, and a skate park.
- Old City Park, four miles south of the city limits in Spanish Valley, has a covered stage / gazebo, picnic tables, and barbecue grills. Old City Park is popular as a location for weddings, family reunions, and other social events.
- Rotary Park, at 680 Millcreek Drive, has shade trees, barbecue grills, picnic tables, and a covered patio.
- The Mill Creek Parkway is a pedestrian and bicycle path that follows Mill Creek.
The Moab Golf Course includes an 18-hole, par 72 course, club and cart rentals, a pro shop, and a snack bar. Contact them at 435-259-6488.
Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center
The Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center offers lap swimming, open swim hours, swimming lessons, water aerobics, a full fitness room and an array of fitness programs.Contact the Recreation and Aquatic Center at 435-259-8226.
- Moab City Recreation offers year-round sports and recreation opportunities for children and adults. Call 435-259-2255 for more information.
- Old Spanish Trail Arena hosts rodeo, horse shows, and a myriad of other events throughout the year, including open hours for riding. Call 435-259-6226 for more information.
Planning & Zoning
The Moab Planning Department handles building permit requests, zoning issues, and code compliance. For more information, call 435-259-5129.
- The Times Independent prints weekly and covers local news and events. Call them for more information at 435-259-2575.
- The Moab Sun News is another local weekly paper. 435-259-6261.
- Moab is served by two radio stations, KCYN (97.1 FM, country music format, high school sports) and KZMU (90.1 FM, community radio).
This link is being provided as a possible resource for our local military families.
Dial 911 for emergencies. For other police business, call 435-259-8938.