Whether your objective is a good workout in the lap lanes or water aerobics classes, improving your swim skills and technique, participating in therapeutic exercise or just plain having fun in the leisure pool and on our play structures, Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center will accommodate your entire family.
OUTDOOR POOLS OPEN MAY 18!!!
5:30 to 7:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
11:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Monday thru Friday
11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
DUE TO END-OF-SCHOOL SWIM DAYS FOR SCHOOLKIDS, MIDDAY LAP SWIM WILL BE CANCELLED FRIDAY, MAY 24 AND WILL END AT 1:00 ON THURSDAY, MAY 30. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE AND APPRECIATE YOUR GENEROSITY IN LETTING THESE KIDS ENJOY THIS TREAT DURING THEIR LAST WEEKS OF SCHOOL!
2:30 to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday
2:30 to 7:00 p.m. Friday
1:00 to 7:00 p.m. Saturday
1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Sunday
Water aerobics: tone, stretch and rejuvenate! Our water aerobics classes are designed to accommodate students of all ages and ability levels. From the laid-back fun of splashing and stretching to the heart-pumping cardio water workout that burns calories, builds strength, increases joint mobility and conditions the core.
Water aerobics are ideal for not only healthy individuals but also those suffering arthritis, fibromyalgia and other debilitating or degenerative medical conditions. Because 90% of the body's weight is supported in water, much less strain is placed on the joints and spine, allowing improvement in flexibility without pain and injury Muscle tone is dramatically improved because water provides noticeably more resistance than air.
Water aerobics classes are offered Monday through Thursday and Saturday from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Stop by the center to get a current schedule!
The cost for classes is $2.00 per class for season and annual passholders, $4.00 for nonmembers. 20-punch passes are available for $35.00 for passholders and $65.00 for nonmembers. Punch passes may be used for both aquatic and fitness classes.
COME JOIN US FOR WATER AEROBICS WITH CATHY EVERY SATURDAY MORNING AT 10:00!!
- Parent/tot aquatics is designed to provide a foundation for basic swimming skills incorporating the comforting and encouraging participation of a parent or trusted caregiver. We will be scheduling parent/tot classes soon. Keep an eye on the website for our announcement!
- Preschool aquatics classes promote the development of fundamental swimming skills, confidence and social interaction in a safe, fun environment.
- Swim lessons will be provided in a logical progression of ability levels and are designed to develop and increase skill, safety awareness, coordination, confidence and fitness in participants. Techniques are refined and skills are assessed at each level.
- Private swim lessons are also available for swimmers of all ages who feel they would benefit from more personalized attention.
- Senior water aerobics provide a low-intensity, relaxing workout with stretching and manageable resistance for older folks or those with joint pain, neuralgia or other health issues that may prevent them from participating in traditional classes.
WE ARE NOW REGISTERING FOR SESSION 1 OF SUMMER SWIM LESSONS!!
Session 1 will begin June 10 and will run Monday thru Thursday thru June 20. Registration fee is $30/child.
There will be two times each day for Levels 1-6: 9:30-10:15 a.m. and 10:20 - 11:05 a.m.
Preschool lessons will run from 11:10 to 11:30 a.m.
For more info, call 435-259-8226. Registration will take place at the MRAC front desk. Please, no last-minute registrations on the first day of class - it inconveniences everyone and causes delays. Thanks and we hope to see you on the 10th!
CURRENT AND UPCOMING NEWSWORTHY EVENTS
WE ARE CURRENTLY REGISTERING FOR THE SPRING 2013 MOAB SEA DEVILS COMPETITION SWIM TEAM! Register at the MRAC front desk or online at www.activityreg.com. From the website, click Utah, City of Moab, Register for Activity, Recreation/Aquatic Center, Aquatic Programs, Swim Team, then 2013 Team Registration and follow the instructions. Cost is $60 for MRAC members and $75 for non-members and includes a team T-shirt. Caps are $5 extra. Financial aid is available and reduces the fee to $30; however, only students who are eligible for the free school lunch program will be considered. Application for financial aid is included on the registration forms available at the front desk.